Saturday, May 15, 2010

Where's Caleb??

So today was a strange one.

Caleb showed us that he is indeed a climber; first displaying his upper body strength at the park as he palmed a swing beam hand over hand until he cleared the other side.

Then he stumped us all as he decided it was the perfect time to visit his new hide-out: on TOP of the open garage door. Think about it, ... , get a visual, and then i'll explain.
...
So he climbs ON TOP of our van, then hoists himself onto the open garage door which is now suspended at the top of our garage. NOT, by the way, made to hold a human of any size, though we were thankful he weighs in these days at a scrappy 42 lbs.

Ey yeh yeh ...

And then, as if that weren't enough to shut my heart down, this afternoon I'm up on their swingset tower staining the wood. "Hey Mom!" I hear from across the yard. Don't see him, don't see him, ... "I'm up here!" he shouts. Holy Pine Tree, he IS "up there"!! No lie, at least 20 feet high into a not-so-healthy giant pine tree!!! I'm attaching pictures of this sickly beast. Praise God for his angels of protection for my boy! I am still cringing at the sight of him in both of those terrible places and counting our blessings that both situations ended innocently enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment